Dr. Ken Appleby started with the BC Lions in 1955 and was with the club’s medical staff for the next 40 years as bench physician in charge of treating the players during and after the games. He could always be found patrolling the sidelines behind the bench in search of a player to assist. A graduate of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, he served two terms as chairman of the club’s Medical Committee from 1989 to 1991, and from 1991 to 1994. His last game with the club was the 1994 Grey Cup triumph over Baltimore in 1994. Dr. Appleby practiced medicine in Burnaby for more than 40 years before his retirement. He was elected to the BC Lions Wall of Fame in 2003.